How to Make Polaroid Photos Using Smartphone, PC / Laptop, Even Word
Lately, there are Polaroid photos among millennials. Polaroid photos are photos produced by Polaroid cameras or cameras that print photos instantly.
This Polaroid photo looks aesthetically pleasing like a celebgram photo editor. Of course, you don’t wanna crave having Polaroid photos.
For those of you who don’t have a Polaroid camera but still wanna take Polaroid photos, you can do it. Check out how to make a Polaroid photo as below:
How to Make Your Own Polaroid Photo Album
Don’t have a Polaroid camera but wanna have Polaroid-style photos? The method is really easy!
You can do it on any device you have. You can install the Polaroid photo editing application on a smartphone and can immediately create Polaroid-style photos instantly.
Or, you can also edit it on your PC / Laptop using available software, such as Microsoft Word or Adobe Photoshop.
How to Make Polaroid Photos on Smartphone
For how to make Polaroid photos on a smartphone, of course, you need a Polaroid photo editing app that you can install. For example, such as InstaLab, PolyCam, Lomo Camera, or InstaMini.
Install whichever application you like and then you can make your own Polaroid photo. Here’s how to take a Polaroid photo using a smartphone.
- Step 1 – Take a photo
- For how to create a Polaroid photo on a smartphone, we will try to use an application called PolyCam, You can download it here from play store.
- After downloading it, you can immediately open it and immediately be faced with the screen to take a photo. Take photos the way you want.
- Step 2 – Change the filter
- Then, after you take a photo, you can change the filter as you want. Of course, the filters in this application are different from the Instagram filters.
- Step 3 – Add a light effect
- You can also add a light effect like the one in the original Polaroid photo. There are many kinds of light effects that you can add.
After you follow the steps above, how to make a Polaroid photo on smartphone it’s finished. The result will look like the one above and you can print it immediately.
How to Make Polaroid Photos on Laptop
Apart from smartphones, you can also make Polaroid photos on your PC / Laptop. How to make Polaroid photos on a laptop is very easy, all you need is some software.
For this method, you can use a photo editing software called Photoscape. Then, follow these steps:
- Step 1 – Open Photoscape
- Open the Photoscape software and then click the Editor menu. Next, you need to find and select the photo you want to edit into a Polaroid photo.
- Step 2 – Change the filter
- The next step is to change the photo filter to the Polaroid-style. You can choose several effects, but its recommends using the Portra filter which feels more old-fashioned.
- Step 3 – Change the frame
- To make it look more like a Polaroid photo, Photoscape has provided a Polaroid-style photo frame or frame which you can find in the Change Frame menu on the left. Select the Instant Film option.
- Step 4 – Save
Done! You can get your Polaroid photo and the final step is to print it.
How to Make Polaroid Photo in Microsoft Word
Editing photos in Microsoft Word is not impossible. You can even do how to make Polaroid photos in Microsoft Word!
You don’t need special skills to do it. What’s important is that you can follow these steps properly:
- Step 1 – Open a new page of Word.
- Open Microsoft Word on your PC / Laptop, then open a blank page or the Blank Document option for how to make a polaroid photo in Word.
- Step 2 – Click the Insert menu.
- After that, you can click the Insert menu at the top. Then select Shapes in the bottom bar and select the rectangle shape.
- Then form a rectangle like a polaroid photo shape. It’s easy, just click on the Word sheet then hold and drag it according to the shape you want.
- Step 3 – Click Format
- Click the rectangle shape that you have created, then enter the Format menu that appears at the top right. This menu will not appear if you don’t click the rectangle that you created.
- Open the Colored column on the left and click on the arrow, choosing a black outline design with a white base. With this design, it will be easier for you to cut it out when printed later.
- Step 4 – Insert photos
- Now insert photos into Word, you can drag photos into Word or click the Insert menu at the top left and click Picture.
- After you enter the image you want, right-click on the photo and select Wrap Text then select In Front of Text.
- Step 5 – Resize photos
- You can resize photos by shrinking the photo, sliding from the edge of the photo. And because the Polaroid photo size has an aspect ratio of 1:1 or squares, you have to crop the image or crop it.
- Click the Format menu then select the Crop menu> Aspect Ratio> click 1:1. Your photo will automatically form a box, then click the Crop menu again to crop it.
- Step 6 – Print photos
After you have done all the steps above, then you have finished making a Polaroid photo in Word.
How to Make Polaroid Photo in Photoshop
You can also use Photoshop software to create your own Polaroid photos. But, before you can make your own Polaroid photos you need to understand some of the tools.
After that, you can follow the steps below:
- Step 1 – Select the Rectangular Marquee Tool
- Enter the Photoshop software, select the Rectangular Marquee Tool in the row of tools on the left. To be able to select the menu, right-click on the tool symbol, and select the Rectangular Marquee Tool.
- Step 2 – Set Fixed Ratio
- After selecting the menu, click on the top bar to adjust the size of the Polaroid photo. Select it in the Style menu, then click Fixed Ratio. Choose 1:1 ratio for Polaroid images.
- Step 3 – Make a square in the image
- Then draw a square in the photo that you have entered into Photoshop. Make sure you make a square image right on the part of the photo that you want to use in the Polaroid photo.
- Step 4 – Copy photos to a new document
- Click Ctrl + C on the photo you just made a square image, then create a new document. After you create a new document, click Ctrl + V to copy the photo.
- Step 5 – Create a border
- The next step is to create a border or white frame on the left and right. How to make a Polaroid photo frame in Photoshop is to use the Rectangular Marquee Tool again.
- Return the Style to normal and create a rectangle with the same sides and sizes. Don’t overdo it on one side.
- Step 6 – Fill border
- The last step is to fill the border with white. The trick is to click the Layer menu above then click New Fill Layer, select white.
- Done! Your Polaroid photo is ready.
So easy, right? That is how to make Polaroid photos on your smartphone, PC, or laptop. With this tutorial, you can make cool Polaroid photos even though you don’t have the camera.