How to Add Music to Instagram Story
Believe it or not, this music feature on Instagram has been around for quite a while, which is around June 2018. Unfortunately, not all countries in the world can enjoy this feature directly.
So, we’re going to give you a breakthrough so you can add music to your Instagram story. How is it? Just check it out.
3 Ways to Add Music to Instagram Story 2020
Like we said earlier, this feature is still not accessible in some countries. So, the only step is you must use a VPN app!
But if you are afraid of the dangers of a VPN app, you can use another application called Storybeat to access the Instagram Music feature.
Okay, we will discuss one by one from each of the applications above.
1. How to Add Music on Instagram Story using a VPN
There are tons of free VPN applications that you can download for Android or iOS. But, we recommend using TunnelBear!
Why do you have to use TunnelBear?
Apart from the VPN function, this application also has various features that can support you to maximize performance. Just check out the features!
TunnelBear VPN full features:
- Vigilant Mode – protection and re-connect unsecured traffic until it is completely safe
- Practical – TunnelBear is immediately active because it continues to be on in the background
- No Logging – Privacy is maintained because no activity is logged at all
- High speed – browse anything at high speed
- High Security
- Technical Support
- Network-wide – more than 23 countries in the world
So you already know why you have to use TunnelBear? Now, let’s just go to the tutorial to add music on Instagram using TunnelBear!
How to Add Music on Instagram Story with TunnelBear VPN
This is a bit technical. So, don’t be surprised if a lot of people don’t know how! So, to make it easier for you, it’s better to just follow this complete tutorial:
- Download the TunnelBear VPN application on the Play Store or App Store > Install to completion
- Open the TunnelBear application > Just enter if you already have a TunnelBear account.
- If you don’t have one, just click Create an Account > Create an account as you wish
- Check email > Click the Verify button that goes to the Inbox
- Select the Allow option in the notification
- Allow TunnelBear
- Connect to another country using a VPN (for example US) > Select the United States option at the bottom of the screen
- Scroll until you find the right city.
- Click Yes on the notification that appears
And abrakadabra. Your connection is connected to a proxy from the US and you are ready to use the Instagram Music feature.
If you have connected, all you have to do is add music to the Instagram story.
- Open the Instagram application from your phone
- Click the camera icon in the top left corner to create a Story > just select the photo or video content that you will upload to the story
- Click the Sticker icon at the top of the screen> select Music
- Add music as you wish > you can also use the search feature for searching for your favorite song
- In addition, there are also features categories like Populars, Mood, and Genres
- Create listen to a preview of the song, just click the icon Play that is on the right track
- If you’ve matched, immediately wrote click on the title of the song to add it to your story content.
- Don’t forget, also set the song duration,> slide right or left according to the duration you want
- Or, you can also directly select according to the options provided, namely 1 second – 15 seconds> Click Done in the top right corner
- Set the position of the Sticker on Instagram Story.
- Send to Your Story in the lower-left corner.
- Just choose the destination you want to share, whether it’s on Your Story or Close Friends.
- If so, just click the Send button to OK
Congratulations!! Your IG Story content is ready to be enjoyed by the public!
How to Overcome Instagram Music Notifications
Unfortunately, the music that you have added won’t be able to be enjoyed by other people if they don’t use a VPN either. So, make sure they have a VPN installed.
And this is how to do:
- Connect the VPN of the target phone to a country that supports the Instagram Music
- Notification feature, it will immediately disappear if the VPN is connected
- The problem doesn’t stop there. There are cases where the user will not be able to load music that you are already using. Worse, it can happen even if they already use a VPN.
Then, what if the notification fails to load the sticker?
There are several ways to overcome the notification of failing to load this sticker, which are:
- Enter the Settings menu> click Additional settings> select the Date & time option> click Select time zone
- Logout all accounts on Instagram before using VPN. Here’s how: click the Account / Account menu in the lower right corner> click the 3 horizontal lines icon in the upper right corner> select the Settings option> click Logout.
- Uninstall the Instagram application before using a VPN. Re-install or install again when the VPN is active > login and try using it.
But not all phone support uses the method we did above. The smartphone that has been proven to be able to use that method is the Xiaomi Redmi 4X. Meanwhile, the Samsung Galaxy S10 + class still doesn’t support it.
2. How to Add Music to Instagram Story Using StoryBeat App
If you’ve tried the first method but it doesn’t work, you can use other apps. Until now, the app that has been proven to do this trick is StoryBeat.
This application can help you to add music to Instagram Stories via photo or image content. Not only is the application proven to be able to add music to the Instagram story, but this application also has lots of features.
StoryBeat full features:
- Add music to photo and video content
- Add sound effects to story content
- Photo slideshow with music
- Change photo to Boomerang with music
- Add audio to video app
- Add background music from Snapchat
- Social sharing
Actually there are many other features that we haven’t mentioned, including feature updates that are still to be released. And now we will just go straight to the tutorial.
Instagram Music tutorials with StoryBeat
You don’t need to use a VPN anymore, you can immediately add music to your Instagram story using this app. The method is very easy!
- Download the latest StoryBeat – Unleash Your Creativity > Install and wait for it to finish
- Open the StoryBeat app > click the Allow button on the popup notification that appears
- Start adding music by clicking the Create your story now option
- Select the photo or video that you want to apply a music effect to > click the tick icon in the top right corner
- Click the + icon at the bottom of the screen > select a song you like
- Search Music = to browse online music
- Add songs from your library = to add music directly from the HP
- Global Top 100 library (songs that are currently trending)
- Add sound effect = add a sound effect
- Click the Add button to the right of the song
- Customize the part of music you want to add yourself> click Save
- Wait a few moments> click the Share button appears
- Select the Free / Watch an ad to export option > click the Share Video now button
- Click the Instagram Story option
- Wait until the upload process is complete and your story can be enjoyed by Instagram users around the world.
- Very easy, right?
3. How to Manually Add Music to Instagram Story on Android & iOS
Oh, come on, you still think that the two methods above are complicated?
Ok, just use this manual method, and the cool thing is, you can use this method for Android or iOS!
This is how to add music to Instagram Story on Android:
- Open the music player application > play your favorite song
- Pause for a while > open Instagram > enter the Instagram Story
- Play menu again from the notification bar or slide the screen from top to bottom > Record a video directly from Instagram
- and then, download the video > upload it to your Story
Well, for iOS the method might be a little different from Android. Because iOS doesn’t use a notification bar so you must use the Control Panel.
This is how to add music to Instagram Story on IOS:
- Open the music player app > play your favorite song
- Pause for a while > open Instagram > enter the Instagram Story
- Play menu again from the Control Panel by Swipe Up the screen with 3 fingers from the bottom of the screen > Record a video directly from Instagram
- If so, download the video. > upload to your story
Each of these methods has pros and cons. But at least, you can enjoy Instagram features that don’t exist in your country.